Leadership Sevier & City of Sevierville Sponsor Opioid Abuse Discussion
April 10, 2018, at the Sevierville Civic Center at 5:30 p.m.
On April 10, Sevier County residents will roll up their sleeves and start to work on a national crisis that has taken hold of local families and is impacting local businesses. Opioid abuse is an epidemic in the U.S. Opioids are a class of drugs that include the illegal drug heroin, as well as legal prescription pain relievers like oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine, fentanyl and others.
A panel discussion with area experts will focus on many facets of the program including law enforcement, prosecution and adjudication in the court system; incarceration and/or rehabilitation; the emotional and financial impact on families; the short and long-term effect of NAS babies born in Sevier County; and the overall impact to businesses and quality of life in the Sevier County community.
- Ron Seals, Sevier County Sheriff; Randy Brackins, Gatlinburg Chief; Richie Catlett, Pigeon Forge Chief
- Jimmy Dunn, Attorney General, 4th Judicial District
- Circuit Court Judges: Judge Rex Henry Ogle, Judge Duane Slone, Judge Jim Gass, Judge Carter Moore
- Shellie Hall/Cara Parker, Helen Ross McNabb
- Dr. Jennifer Maddron, OB-GYN, Raven Mason, community representative
- Monty Burks, Director, TN Faith-Based Initiatives
- Nicole Ogle, Executive Director, Sevier County C.A.R.E.S.
The event is free and the public is encouraged to attend. Please RSVP by April 6, 2018.
Email JoAnn at Leadership Sevier to RSVP and secure your seat.
Event: Opioid abuse is an epidemic in the U.S. that has made its way to Sevier County and is negatively affecting the community. Join us for a Public forum on opioid abuse and its impact on the Sevier County area.
When: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Where: Sevierville Civic Center, 200 Gary Wade Boulevard, Sevierville, Tennessee 37862
This event is sponsored by Leadership Sevier and City of Sevier. A special thank you to CNB, Firehouse Subs and the Riverstone Resort and Spa for pens, refreshments and note pads.